- How do I get an invitation?
Fill this form. We are checking it once a day now.
- Do I need to register the entire team?
Yes. All team members must fill the form so we can reserve a place for them
Do I need to bring any tools or equipment?
Yes. You need to bring all the tools and equipment you need. We take care of electricity, a bit of internet (In a good day. Tethering recommended) and lots of beer.
Many people are bringing their tools and after the precon there will be a list on the site for sharing them.
- Should I prepare the project in advance or work on it in the event?
We prefer to build the entire project in geekcon but if you’re worried about completing it you can prepare parts of it in advance. We know we do 🙂
- What about food and accommodations?
Food and accommodations are included. 2 or 3 people in an AC room (+LCD, +fridge).
- How much does it cost?
We ask participants to pay some of the cost and the significant remaining amount is paid for by sponsors.Until 3/07 – Early Bird – 234 (VAT Included)
29/06 until 28/08 – Regular – 299 (VAT Included)
28/08 until 5/09 – Last Minute – 399 (VAT Included)
After 5/09 – REGISTRATION CLOSED – No registration or payment on-site, either.Student discounts might be available; contact us at info[AT]geekcon.org.
- How do I get there?
The event takes place in Caesarea sailing school at Sdot Yam. A map to the location can be found here.
- What about religious people?
Geekcon starts at 10:00 on Thursday, and continues non-stop until Saturday afternoon, where the projects are displayed in front of the visitors. Attending only part of the event is not an option. It is up to you to decide whether this suits you or not.
- Can visitors come?
There are NO visitors allowed during the event, due to safety and insurance issues. The event is held in a gated, guarded compound and no one is allowed in, unless they are registered participants. Visitors are only allowed on Saturday afternoon, at around 15:00, and not before that. Please comply.
- What about teenagers?
Due to insurance issues people under 18 years old can’t participate.
- Where are the project and participants list?
The list of projects is updated on the site.
- I don’t have partners for my project
Once you’ve signed up to the Geekcon community and the Geekcon event, you have the following options:
1. Show up to the Geekcon Precon events, and either get an idea for a project, or join someone else whose project you like;
2. Go to the projects page [INSERT LINK], pick a project you like and ask to join in;
3. Visit our Facebook page, where you can talk to other participants and once again, either get an idea for your own project or join someone else’s project.
- What are the Geekcon Precon meetings?
Every year we hold two Geekcon Precon events, intended for pairing-up with team members, sharing ideas for projects, introductions for new participants and more. Here is the timeline for Geekcon 1/07/2018 – Geekcon Precon 1 (Facebook Event)
5/08/2018 – Geekcon Precon 2 (Facebook Event)
- What is UGD?
UGD stands for User Generated Dinner – a geeky way of saying “Cook your own meal”. On Friday night, as per tradition, we prepare together a celebratory and messy dinner. Each participant brings [hopefully geeky-] ingredients and dishes and creates a part of the UGD.
- Are pets allowed?
NO, sadly pets are not allowed.
- How can I help?
Geekcon is a Non-Profit Organization, and your admission is used to cover the costs of the event. All Geekcon Staff are volunteers. If you’d like to join the organizing team, contact us at email@example.com.
- Geekcon is all about making, innovation and collaboration around projects & technology, we kindly ask you to put aside any political / religious issues throughout the Geekcon events.